Most of the benefits we talk about a meditation or mindfulness practice bringing to one’s life are the intangible kind – ones that can only be measured by each person’s individual experience. But did you know that there are many real, scientific and measureable benefits from daily meditation practice? Here are just a few of those benefits (with links from scientific studies that used blood tests, MRI’s and other accurate markers of effectiveness):
- 20 minutes of daily meditation practice can reduce pain in just 4 sessions
- Long term meditation practice increases gray matter in the brain
- Meditation can reduce feelings of loneliness
- The same study that reduced loneliness also showed participants had lower levels of inflammatory blood markers that contribute to heart disease after the practice
- Mindfulness meditation more effective than sleep hygiene education in reducing insomnia and depression in older adults
- Just 3 consecutive days of 25 minute mindfulness meditation alleviates psychological stress
- A transcendental meditation program was shown to reduce blood pressure, stress and increase coping skills in college students
- A single 15 minute meditation can help us make more rational choices
- A mindfulness meditation program can reduce symptoms of anxiety and panic
What’s amazing to me is that doctors don’t prescribe meditation to every single person walking in to their offices. It can help with so many conditions (mental and physical), it can be done anywhere, at any time and without any required equipment or tools. All it takes is a little discipline and a willingness to try something different.
Do you need special training to start meditating? Absolutely not. But if you want support to develop and structured practice that you can customize to your changing needs you should join me June 1st for the 28 Day Spiritual Cleanse. You don’t need to be religious, be into “woo woo” kind of stuff or have any type of experience to get a lot out of this program. You just need an open mind and be able to dedicate 20 – 30 minutes per day (for just 28 Days) to learning, writing and meditating. How will your life change for the better?
There are only 2 more days to save 15% with Early Bird Pricing (though you need to be on my email list to get it) so if you are thinking of taking part – now is the time to sign up! If you have any questions I’m happy to answer them – send me a message or leave a comment here.