When you think about food or your body, does it make you feel good or bad?
I know that’s kind of a weird question to ask someone you haven’t even met but take a minute to contemplate it. Does thinking about what to eat for your next meal, a night out with friends or a family holiday bring you stress or pleasure? Does thinking about being seen in a bathing suit or getting intimate with your partner make you cringe or feel at ease?
Just as we foster relationships with people in our lives, we also build relationships to food and with our bodies. These relationships can either be a positive influence on our lives or can be a major hindrance to having the life we want. You know how negative friends can drag you down? Or how an irrational boss can send you into a tailspin?
The way we relate to ourselves with thoughts and feelings about our bodies and around food can do the same thing! The difference is, you can ditch the Debbie downer friend and you can find a new job, you can’t do the same with these other type of relationships.
You and your body are together for the rest of your life.
You will have to eat food for as long as you live.
You can love and nurture these relationships and gain self-acceptance, confidence and free up precious energy to do amazing things. Or you can neglect or abuse these relationships and they’ll abuse you right back. There’s no benefit to feeling bad about yourself or having a constant struggle around eating too much, too little or the wrong things.
It doesn’t have to be this way. It feels really good to let go of feeling bad.
My coaching programs teach women how to:
- lose weight without dieting
- listen to the signals their body is sending them
- take the work out of healthy eating
- break free of a diet mentality
- harness the confidence and power that is already inside them
Can you answer yes to any of the following questions?
- Have you spent years and years of your life counting calories, points or fat grams before every meal?
- Do you have a lot of foods that you don’t let yourself enjoy because they are “fattening”?
- Do you find yourself occasionally unable to stop eating?
- Have you had cycles of binge eating or yo yo dieting?
- Are you sick of deprivation?
- Are you tired of sorting through confusing health information?
- Do you want to learn how to eat well for the rest of your life?
- Have you not worn a bathing suit in public since you were a kid?
- Do you eat in secret?
- Do you say or think a lot of negative things about yourself?
If any of these are something you struggle with, you might benefit from working with me. Let’s set up a Discovery Session to find out if we’re a good fit.
It doesn’t have to be this way. You can choose love and nurture for yourself, just like you would for anyone else you love. Let me show you how.
Important: Please read our disclaimer.